Monday, November 05, 2007

Give Me Five



Five things that remind me of my childhood!

1. Crayons-I guess would be universal. Everyone used these in grade school.

2. Beer-Not as bad as it sounds. My parents have been divorced since I was 6. My Dad was/is a drinker. He would always have beer cans in the recycle bin. Well whenever my sister & I went over for the weekend they would be falling out of the bin. So my Dad would spill them over this concrete slab he had in the yard & we would jump up & down on them & crush them. We always had fun doing this & my Dad would get a kick out of us doing this. By the time we were done you could smell beer everywhere.

3. Old women's perfume-Everyone knows this smell. From my Grandma.

4. Dirt-Just being outside playing. We were always outside getting dirty. We would play kickball everynight with the neighborhood kids. By the time we came in for the night we smelled like dirt. Or at least that is what my mama would say.

5. Grease-My mama would always be cooking something. And it was always full of grease.

No comments: